Thysse Career Opportunities
Thysse (tie • see) is an experiential / facility branding design studio with in-house printing and manufacturing capabilities. We are focused on innovative ideas, exceptional design and the successful production of ideas. We are a studio that expects passionate, creative minds to own projects, to think “what if …”, to imagine possibilities and to expect perfection – while rolling with the inevitable mistakes that come from forward-thinking.
Thysse’s multi-discipline design studio specializes in Experiential Graphic Design, Print Design, Web Design and Branding. Our experienced creative team services a client base ranging from small, local businesses to major universities and international corporations. In support of our design and branding services, we feature a wide range of print production, graphic communication, and consulting services. We print and build what we design. Thysse is where you go with your brand.
We are located on the edge of a scenic wetland preserve in Oregon, Wisconsin – 10 minutes south of Madison, Wisconsin, a consistently top-ranked city in which to live and raise a family. We offer competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment, and beer tastings most Fridays.
Are you an architect who enjoys your field’s creative aspects while feeling unfulfilled working on door schedules, toilet stall specifications, and wall assemblies? Then this position is for you. Thysse would like to incorporate your skills into our Experiential Design studio, working creatively with our team to develop facility branding projects, recruiting spaces and exhibits.
We are seeking an elite, experienced Sketchup Modeler & Designer with architectural training or significant architectural experience. This top-notch technical-creative must possess expertise in reading and interpreting architectural sets and floor plans. The successful candidate must also be proficient in turning architectural drawings into 3D Sketchup models and scale elevations.
This person will be a critical, active member of the Thysse design studio, contributing to and consulting on almost every project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and maintain Sketchup models for all Thysse projects.
- Import and place studio-developed design elements into Sketchup models.
- Create animated walkthroughs.
- Contribute creatively and technically to overall design concepts, production and installation methods.
- Continuously learn. Continuously evolve. Seek out new materials, products, software and ideas.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not an all-inclusive list and tasks may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, architecture, or related field preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience as an architect or significant architectural background.
- Advanced proficiency with Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.
- General computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Enscape plugin a plus.
- Experience in developing production/construction specifications and overall grasp of physical production and construction methods.
- Additional years of education and experience may be substituted for each other, as determined by Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Openness to receiving design direction and feedback.
- Ability to maintain self-control and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively, even when expectations are evolving.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to details with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, prioritize workload and make adjustments to meet business needs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong, efficient work ethic that can handle a high stress, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to depersonalize a situation, show empathy, and resolve customer issues.
- Ability to show a sense of urgency with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to take ownership of a project issue to get it resolved.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.